Our next meeting takes place Friday, October 4, 2019 beginning at 10:00 AM at the Mars Hill Anderson Rosenwald School, 225 Mount Olive Drive, Mars Hill, NC. This will be our October meeting.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Review of the MHARS Strategic Plan
2. Review of the MHARS Mission Statement
3. Review of materials given to us by Terry Bellamy.
For those of you not present at the meeting with Terry, it would be helpful for you to review the following topics from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, Strategic Plan 2018-2022, and become familiar with them.
1. Transforming Communities – Booklet Available Online Here
2. FY 2020 Inspire! Grants for Small Museums – Online Here
3. National Leadership Grants for Museums – Online Here
4. Museum Grants for African American History and Culture – Online Here
5. Museums Empowered – Online Here
I would also encourage you to Google “Interpretive Museums,” and read the information found in Wikipedia related to Interpretation Centres, Interpretive Planning, and Heritage Interpretation. These are very interesting and helpful as we are moving toward program planning and grant writing for programming.